Radiator Q :- Which side should lockshield valve go?

Those Iso valves wont be helping much, least they should be full bore which they don't look to be...

Sponsored Links
I was thinking that they prob wont be helping :(

Is it a balls up then?

Anyone know any good plumbers in Leicester :D

If i told you the luck im having with trade people recently you would probley not belive me lol. Everyone is a cow boy :p

Out of interest, why was the pipework not done under the floor??? Are the floors stone??? If so, I have sympathy with why he has done it this way.... Doesn't really change anything tho....

I realise this is a stupid question, but are those isolation valves on either side???? and if so are they fully open???

Martin

The floor is concrete. The pipes come from inside the wall you can see in the picture as they were before.

Yer they are iso valves and fully open :) Like say that radiator in the picture is nice and toasty its just the 2 new ones. Looks like im going to have to try and find someone to get it sorted.

Sponsored Links
You don't have to rip it all out, just find where he has Tee'd off from, this needs to be extended to feed from the main flow and return for the two additional rads. But again take all this with a pinch of salt we can only assume what is going on but from experience this is a common mistake a lot of people do to add additional rads.

How many rads do you have in total off the 15mm as you can usually get away with 4 reasonable sized rads .
I KNOW you have already tried it but try it again with just heating on and hot water off turn EVERY rad off except one of those playing up and force any air trapped in pipework out.(if there is a bypass, turn off that as well)

I have tryed turning the rest of the rads off and just leaving the 2 new ones on to force any air out of the system (bypass also closed), they then heat up really well. I think there would only be 3 rads off running off this 15mm run

I would do this myself (i was going to but though a nice £60 to someone who i though would know best would save me the hassle) but im unsure where this main "feed and return" pipe would be? Is it likely to be hiding inside the wall?
45936785.jpg

Going to post up on mybuilder see if i can get any good trades people on there.

Had a couple people come back to me on mybuilder, people with feedback are quoting around £80-£100 cash for the job. Does that seem fair?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back