new radiator is cold?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have fitted 2 new radiators,each one has a trv on one end and a shut off valve on the other.neither rad is heating up. should i have fitted lockshield valves? what is the difference between lockshield valves and shut off valves?. all the existing rads are working ok.

Sponsored Links
Provided you have connected them to the correct pipes you have an airlock .

shut all other rads off to increase pump pressure to two rads.

lockshield are for balancing, shut offs are for completly turning off

found the problem, my 'helper' had closed the lockshield valve on the rad nearest the pump. as soon as i opened it, the two rads heated up!

Sponsored Links
if both rads go off with only 1 valve shut i think u may hav a little design fault. no need to have 2 trv;s in that case,

jingle68 said:
found the problem, my 'helper' had closed the lockshield valve on the rad nearest the pump. as soon as i opened it, the two rads heated up!

oh dear I dont think you wanted to do that ;) Babs is right, you may have cocked up a wee bit there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back