Radiator Sizing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a mate grumbled about his extension being cold, it got me thinking that mine was a little cool a couple months back. Granted I'd got 20" of snow outside. So I'm looking for tips about sizing radiators for a strangely shaped room just to see if they're up to the job.

The floorplan is a long thin rectangle. One end has a flat ceiling and a rad on the end (external) wall. The other has a pitched ceiling and two external walls with the rad on the third, internal, wall. Should the heating calculation treat each half of the room as if they were separate rooms?

Sponsored Links
try this,

http://www.radcalcs.com/

lots of other ones online as well, don't have to be too precise with the measurements, so long as they are over or near abouts, find an average height for the ceiling, or like you said, treat it as two rooms.

Mike.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back