Radiator swap problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
our hallway radiator is corroded and a little under power, so I’m thinking of replacing this type 21 for a type 22 to give a bit more umph!

My problem is that the existing radiator inlet/outlet centres are 66mm from the wall, whereas a type 22 will be 83mm (according to the spec sheet). There is little to no movement in the pipework, so wondered is there was some kind of adapter that can be purchased?

I’m really trying to avoid draining the system as it is an absolute pig to get all the air out!

Sponsored Links
Is the system fed by a small cistern ? If so you can get a kit that plugs the vent and feed so the system doesn't drain out.

Is the system fed by a small cistern ? If so you can get a kit that plugs the vent and feed so the system doesn't drain out.

How will that help, in reality?

Even in situations when it could, I wouldn't recommend them for a novice.

IMO

The Kudox type 22 bracket can be reversed which would give you a 66mm wall to centre fitting, or 83mm as you quoted.

I've used a pipe freezer kit a couple of times on 15mm central heating pipe, it worked for me, just make sure system is cooled down.
Otto

IMG_3917.JPG
IMG_3920.JPG

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
1. My system is an older system with header tank in loft.

2. I was aware the bracket could be used in two ways but took the stated measurement as being that quoted on the Kudos website. I guess I’ll have to check because that would be a huge help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back