Radiator temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’ve just replaced a downstairs heated towel radiator and it is still cold. I have bled the radiator, but still cold.
I didn’t need to drain the system as there are 2 isolation valves to turn off. Any help will be appreciated and photos attached.
Kind regards Dave
CFBE9646-35FE-4987-AA91-BB7F0DF31B13.jpeg

Attachments

• 8947FC0E-6FFF-4E8E-9A64-70909A3A2F45.jpeg
    8947FC0E-6FFF-4E8E-9A64-70909A3A2F45.jpeg
    243.5 KB · Views: 23
Sponsored Links
1. Check the radiator valves are open.
2. Try gently loosening the plug in the top of the towel rail opposite the plug with the bleed nipple in it. This may help to bleed that side of the rail.
3. Is either pipe or both pipes warm above and below the isolation valves?
4. Those isolation valves are generally unsuited to the constant high temperature of a central heating system.

they are also not fully open

but not by enough that they would stop it working

Hi, I’ve just replaced a downstairs heated towel radiator and it is still cold. I have bled the radiator, but still cold.
I didn’t need to drain the system as there are 2 isolation valves to turn off. Any help will be appreciated and photos attached.

Some towel rails need to be installed with the flow and returns connected a certain way, to operate correctly. Is it plumbed the correct way?

There could also be an airlock in the supply pipes - Try turning all the other rads off, and running the pump, to force the air out of that rad.

Sponsored Links
Shall I turn off the isolation valve on the cold pipe and bleed the radiator again?Perhaps this will push the hot water through the radiator.

Its an airlock in the pipes turn heating on and turn all the other rads off and just leave this one on by itself for about 20 mins that will shift it

Hi, thank you all for your help. I will try what you’ve all said and I’m sure it will solve the problem.
Kind regards Dave

but is the rad the right way around. usually they are marked with flow and return
Not on a standard towel rail where there is no stat, both valve sit fully open .
Shall I turn off the isolation valve on the cold pipe and bleed the radiator again?Perhaps this will push the hot water through the radiator.
You can’t bleed the rad with valve closed , if you tried that may be the problem .Valves both open when you bleed ideally with heating off .

Not on a standard towel rail where there is no stat, both valve sit fully open .

You can’t bleed the rad with valve closed , if you tried that may be the problem .Valves both open when you bleed ideally with heating off .
i didnt mention anything about rad valves im on about the radiator its self checking if it was marked for flow direction

i mean also are you sure its plumbed into the central heating circuit some people put them into the DHW run the hot water does it get warm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back