Radiator too hot to touch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our Worcester Boiler 25si discontinued model (hopefully to be replaced in next few weeks) has recently started over heating our radiators to the point where they are literally too hot to touch. So we've just been switching the CH off after an hour or so.

From my understanding this is a thermistor issue.

Could anyone offer advice as to confirm or deny this please? I've been ripped off by Engineers in the past and don't wanna be stung ever again.

Many thanks

Zed

Sponsored Links
It could be caused by several things but the CH sensor would be a distinct possibility.

I dont rememeber that boiler and being particulrly old or needing replacement for any good reason if working.

Tony

It's just being noisy but when i place my hand on the front (outer) panel the excessive vibrations stop and becomes quieter.

Regards the overheating this happens rather quickly i.e switch CH on and within 15mins the rads are piping hot. Boiler doesn't cut out but maybe thats cos I switch off within 30mins or so. Should i dare to leave it on for a bit longer?

Is the the thermistor easy to get to on these boilers? I don't wanna really take it to bits just to get to it cos I said I am hoping to replace soon ish.

Thanks once again for any advice

Sponsored Links
Nope. As i say I think it's a thermistor. It was originally working fine and then I don't know what changed (unless usual wear and tear) but it started having this problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back