Radiator/towel radiator

Joined
16 Apr 2006
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Location
Glasgow
Country
United Kingdom
I plan to swap my existing bathroom radiator with a towel radiator. A straight swap over i would have thought however the instructions for the towel radiator says the towel radiator should not be used in a direct central heating system because they contain inhibitor! Anybody understand this?

thanks

scott
 
A direct system doesn't contain inhibitor :D

More info on the boiler etc.
 
I canot think of any material that a towel radiator can be made from which isn't compatible with modern inhibitors. I wold quiz the manufacturers about their stupidity.
 
See if you can identify the country of manufacture from the instructions :wink: Bet it`s China :lol: and so is the printing ........like most goods today
 
I plan to swap my existing bathroom radiator with a towel radiator. A straight swap over i would have thought however the instructions for the towel radiator says the towel radiator should not be used in a direct central heating system because they contain inhibitor! Anybody understand this?

thanks

scott

hi
you can get more information from the fallowing site: www.towel-radiator.com
 
I’d check the wording with the manufacturer first. It sounds like the issue may be the type of heating system, rather than the inhibitor itself.
If the connections match, it may be a simple swap, but make sure the towel rail is actually suitable for your system before fitting it.
 
Fair point! I missed that the thread was quite old. The advice still applies, though I’d always check the manufacturer’s current instructions before swapping the radiator.
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top