Heated Towel Rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to swap a radiator for a heated towel rail. is it as simple as a straight swap if the new towel rail is the same dimensions as the existing radiator??

Sponsored Links
OK Thanks for that, is it possible to turn off the water at the valves and then just connect the towel rail or do i need to switch off at the boiler and drain the system?

ian413 said:
I want to swap a radiator for a heated towel rail. is it as simple as a straight swap if the new towel rail is the same dimensions as the existing radiator??

Disregard the unhelpful reply from mr/mrs arrogant above as most towel rails have vertical tapins for the rad valves which will mean altering the pipework. :p

Sponsored Links
Is it something a keen amateur can do or shall I get 'a man in?'

Hi,
i did exactly this when my bathroom radiator started leaking. If you are reasonably happy with water pipes and a bit of "spanner" work, then (for me) it was easy.

My towel rail was chrome, so i used chrome pipe and chrome compression fittings, i also took the time to fit "service" valves outside of the Towel Rail valves. That way i can remove the Towel Rail from the all without draining the system, for decorating.

Some might call it overkill, but i was happy....

PS. don't forget to buy/add some corrosion inhibitor.

Matt

TheBigMatt said:
i also took the time to fit "service" valves outside of the Towel Rail valves. That way i can remove the Towel Rail from the all without draining the system, for decorating.

Some might call it overkill

certainly is, this is what the rad valves are for :confused: :rolleyes:

check the heat output of the towel radiator, they are very low compared to normal radiators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back