Replacing bathroom radiator with heated towel rail.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

I'm interested in swapping my bathroom radiator for a heated towel rail for convenience. At the same time i would be looking to increase the heat output so was thinking of a 5ft or so towel rail. Is the increase in size likely to cause any problems to the boiler? I appreciate there are plenty of variables in that question :)

Am i able to connect up the towel rail using flexible braided connectors or must it be copper pipe as i feel the existing pipework may not line up correctly.

I appreciate your time, thanks for any help/advice you can offer!

Mike

Sponsored Links
There should be no problem unless you have an open vent system and the top of the new rail is less than 800mm from the level of the F/E tank. Braided hoses are not suitable, they are perishable, intended for H/C water supplies and will also look sh*t (if that matters).

Thanks for your reply Tibbot!

Your right about the braided hoses, they would look pretty bad. I did think about this after i posted. Laziness was getting the better of me as usual :oops:

Im glad that there is no obvious problem to doing this and, when funds allow, think i shall get my arse in gear and get it done :)

Thanks again !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back