Radiator valve extensions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I need to replace one of the radiators in my house but Myson don't do a Premier HE in the size I am looking for. My old radiator (20+ years old) was:

1605 x 600

and the nearest Myson I can get is:

1556 x 600

I have been told I can get valve extensions in various sizes to make up the difference.

Has anyone ever used this method when fitting a radiator ? And would anyone know if I can pick them up from one of the usual DIY stores ?

Adjusting the pipework to fit the radiator is not an option as the pipe runs behind the skirting and the hall has been decorated and is all finished.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yeah, you can get them - i've used these many times without an probs. You can get either 2 x 25mm to go on either valve or one 50mm to make up the difference you require. Go to a plumbing shop to get them.

They often leak a few years later.

Since 1600 x 600 is a standard metric radiator size then why not use one and do a proper job?

You may inadvertently have helped me in my serarch for an odd sized rad!

Tony

Thanks for the reply Tom.

I'm not going to do this myself but have to supply all the parts for the plumber. I mentioned them to him and he just said call me when you have all the parts and I'll fit the radiator.

What plumbing shops are out there ?

Sponsored Links
Extensions come in standard sizes of, 20, 30 & 40mm. Plumb Center or PTS are 2 that spring to mind.

I presume you are looking for a 'roundtop' radiator?

Have a look at the Plumb Center centerad range, 600 x 1600 available in this. They are made by Myson and are 'roundtop' ;)

Cheers gas4you, it would be loads bertter if I could find a radiator that looked the same as all the other Myson Premier HE rads that I have, instead of messing around with valve extensions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back