Radiator valve leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need a bit of advice. I removed a radiator to do some decorating and when I was reattaching it I over-tightened one of the nuts. Now the valve is leaking. The leak is coming from the place where the valve is connected to the copper pipe. It is leaking a fair bit. My guess is that the pressure seal is broken but I'm not sure. Can I repair this easily or is it time to call the plumber in?

Sponsored Links
not a difficult piece of plumbing. It can even be done without draining down the system, usually.

Does yours have a Feed & Expansion Tank in the loft, or is the system filled with water using a filling loop at the boiler?

Does the copper pipe comeup through the floor; and is it a concrete floor?

If you can post a digital photo, that will save time.

Thanks for the reply. I called a plumber in as on further inspection the valve wasn't the problem. Where the pipe meets the valve, the pipe had crushed so it needed replacing which involves a bit of soldering. Plumber was only £40 and took less than an hour and at least I know it's a good job.

The system was drained anyway because of the leak.

Sponsored Links
Did you remember to add new inhibitor to the system when you filled up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back