Brand new radiator and valves - still leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A Plumber installed new radiator with two new valves 3 days ago. The two valves leaked. I called the plumber back, he gave the nuts a tighten, but still it leaks.

What do I need to do to stop this radiator from leaking?

Sponsored Links
How hard can it be to fit a rad and new valves and leave it water tight!
Your so called plumber needs to take a long hard look.
Where's the leak from exactly?

On both sides water appearing at the top of the horizontal nuts of valve. Also, on the right valve water also leaking from the vertical valve joining radiator(this is the one that is leaking the most).

Putting 5 or 6 layers of toilet paper below the valves is enough to absorb and evaporate the water as it drips.

No jointing compound and over tightened by the sound of it, probably crushed the olives to death now so will need new ones fitted. Beauty of today's so called plumbers probably a diyer gone plumber or a 6 week wonder bet he hasn't got any qualifications. How much did you pay to supply and fit out of intrest??

Sponsored Links
On both sides water appearing at the top of the horizontal nuts of valve. Also, on the right valve water also leaking from the vertical valve joining radiator(this is the one that is leaking the most).

Putting 5 or 6 layers of toilet paper below the valves is enough to absorb and evaporate the water as it drips.

It could be leaking from the gland nut at the top of the valve.
If it is just give it a little tweak with your grips.

If not, (as above) just fit two completely new valves (they're cheap enough these days) to cure what I would describe as a niggle.
Servotech,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back