Radiator valve replacement unsure how to connect microbore.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Attachments

• PXL_20220129_213324412.jpg
    PXL_20220129_213324412.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 77
Sponsored Links
Copper pipe ? If so solder a fitting reducer onto the pipe. Hopefully you will have some free play in the pipe if you need to gain some length.

If I could get the same valve which took microbore I would buy that, but it needs to be 30mm thread on the TRV side. I'm home automating it at the same time.

Sponsored Links
In the attached picture:
The valve I am holding is the new valve. The one currently fitted has microbore going into a female 1/2 inch connection on the existing valve.
I'm just trying to plan what parts I need before I crack open the connection to the existing valve.
I'd rather not drian the system.

I did this on another radiator, and it was a drop in replacement because it had a nut and olive that fit right onto the new valve.

PXL_20220129_223356038.jpg

This is what I succesfully installed on another radiator, but it had a nut and olive which accepted the new valve.

The TRV I posted is the same as your old one, just use the old existing nut and olive, it will fit the new valve.

Yep. I'm going to get the Danfoss RA posted by JImCrow. (Thanks). I originally printed an M30 adaptor for the actuator which worked, but a bit delicate. I thought I could use the same valve as I had used upstairs, but it is too much hastle. I can also get a metal adaptor for the M30 thread, if needed. Thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back