RADIATOR WILL NOT GET WARM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a radiator on my system that will not get warm. If I bleed it it get slightly warm at the top. Once the system is turned off the radiator is cold again. I have removed the radiator and flushed it out with an hose pipe, but still the problem exists. When the radiator was removed water only came through the pipe from the none valve end. Any ideas as how i can clear the air lock?

Regards John

Sponsored Links
If it is old then invest in a new one as they do last a long time.
You may have to find the highest part of the pipework and put a bleed valve in.
If you need to flush the system pipework close all rads and flush pipework and see if any sludge comes out, there should be drain cocks designed into the circuit.

Oh also you may have to balance the system, This means you will have to restrict the flow on rads nearer the boiler and open up the ones further away.

Sponsored Links
Has anyone got any views on 'balancing the system' if it contains TRV - surely the flow is changing all the time as the TRV's adjust!
Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back