Radiator will not work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a single radiator replaced 10 years ago for a double because the single wasn't heating the room up. Since that time the double has slowly ceased to function until we are in a postion now where it will not work at all.

We have just had a plumber in to look at it. The radiator has new valves; no blockages were found and a power flush was carried out recently on the whole system when we had the boiler replaced. He turned off all the other radiators in the house and still the rad didn't work. The inlet pipe below the valve into the radiatior gets hot but that's where the heat stops.

The plumber is flummoxed as everything that should be working, is working.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
That's what I thought but the plumber flushed it out and it appeard to be free of blockages. The valves are non thermostatic - don't know what type - bulk standard from Plumb Centre but brand new. This is sounding more expensive to cure by the minute! As I said in my first question, the radiator did at first work but has since stopped.

i still suspect the return pipe.
will it keep flowing into a bowl etc if filling loop left open ?

I will have to look at that and see what happens. Thanks for your advice up to now. I will let you know.

We have just examined all the radiators in the house and the return flow from them all is a lot cooler that the in-flow. You would expect the return to be slightly cooler but not a lot cooler would you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back