Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 6 months ago i fitted a new radiator in our lounge and took the supply from the radiator in the room above using 15mm copper pipes with and a 'T' junction. This worked fine. In a more recent project i had to slightly reposition the radiator above which involved a series of right angle bends to fit and as i had the rad off the wall, i decided to change the broken TRV and rad valve. The existing rad still works fine but the new one doesnt work at all.

Ive got a back boiler with a tank in the loft which i drained down to change the rad so i asked a plumber who said he thought it was an air lock and to turn all of the other rads in the house off except the one in the lounge. i did this and it didnt work. anoather method i tried was to bleed the downstairs rad and took water out or the rad. the rad slowly became warm but when i stopped manually drawing water through, this was not maintained.

any suggestions?

RadiatorDiagram.jpg

one thing i missed off the diagram was the isolation valves i put on the horizontal pipes leading from the existing rad. dont know if it makes any difference

Sponsored Links
Draining of the system could have dislodged lots of gunk that now blocks your rad, very common with these.

Sponsored Links
Change the isolation valves to full bore ones, or just leave them out completely ;)

Fill and bleed the system...

Then as you mentioned, shut off working rads then bleed the cold ones again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back