Radiators Agggggh it's a minefield!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Struggling with which radiator to get and it seems like it's an absolute mindfield and doing my head in! I understand the differences in the different types of metals and their pros and cons. I essentially want a traditional looking vertival column radiator, my plumber told me most radiators are made from mild steel and they are perfectly adequate. (Do tell me if you think otherwise.) The problem is that there is so much out there and they vary do much in price that I just don't know what to get. I've seen some on eBay and cheap shops for around £100 whilst other places are selling the same kind of thing for around £230. I don't want to spend loads on something that I could get cheaper elsewhere, but equally l don't want to get something that's a load of rubbish. Is there much difference in there's things as they're all made from the same material at the end of the day? Can anyone advise please? Any makes you could recommend or ones to avoid? Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The key issue with these cheap and nasty items is that all people are doing by buying these things is feeding the clone and copy practices from the far east. Cheap copies and knockoffs only fuel the people in China and others to flaunt trademarks/copyrights and the rest and sell cheap crap.

Make it cheap and they will buy, who cares if it rusts, snaps, breaks or leaks in a couple of years time, just buy another one. Wonder why China has so much money.

The only reason there are reclamation yards bulging with stuff is because the UK and others made brilliant quality stuff that has lasted for decades, I've yet to see anything with a made in china label more than 10 odd years old.

The moral of that soapbox rant (sorry :cool:) is buy cheap buy more than twice, as the quality is invariably crap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back