Radiators always hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
My problem is that the radiators in my flat are constantly on. I have a honeywell mid position valve which is controlled by a siemens RBW29 programmer. The original programmer was a Glowworm Mastermind. When i replaced it i noticed that there were only 4 wires to the back plate Live and Neutral and Yellow and Red these two wires go to C/H ON and H/W ON! Should i have a nother wire? Hot water is ok does this mean the valve is in the mid position and not closing the C/H side of the valve.Any ideas? Thanks

Sponsored Links
if on a y plan and only have 2 wires to programmer ( 1 hw on and 1 ch on then you have to run the programmer on gravity mode (meaning ch on only when hw on) unless you run an extra wire to hw off! :!:

Search on here for Y plan. Wiring digrams have been posted many times ;)

Sponsored Links
if on a y plan and only have 2 wires to programmer ( 1 hw on and 1 ch on then you have to run the programmer on gravity mode (meaning ch on only when hw on) unless you run an extra wire to hw off! :!:

If i switch the programmer to Gravity rather than Fully pumped will this stop the rads coming on when HW only is selected but come on when CH is selected ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back