Radiators are hot when CH is switched off and HW is on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am new to this so excuse my ignorance. My radiators are getting hot when my hot water is on and CH is off. I have checked the gravity valve and it seems ok, I also changed the timer. When I put the CH on nothing happens, but when HW comes on the boiler starts and radiators work as well.

I have a Ideal Clasic FF360 boiler which was installed two years ago and Just changed my timer switch as I thought maybe that is faulty, but I have the same problem. I looks as if the CH doe not send a signal to the boiler.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you are still on gravity? or have you had a 3 way valve installed?

if rads get hot when boiler fires on call for hw then 3 way valve has to be stuck at hw & ch position, if there is no call for ch at that time - have you actually watched the valve turning? boring i know. do you have a room stat or thermostatic rads? i presume when you say CH was off you meant both on the timer and at the room stat if you have one

Sponsored Links
Hi

Ye I watched the vlave and it is turning ok. Its when the CH button is on it doesnt move, but when the HW button is on it moves as it should.

Yes When the CH is off and I turned the thermostat off as well they still come on. It seems as the Hot water goes to the Rads when the HW is on.

I have changed the valve as well and changed the timer and still the same.

When I put the CH button on it just doesnt send any signal to turn the valve and it stays in the middle.

You have changed the valve or the valve head?....what sort of valve is it and do you have an electrical mutimeter?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back