Radiators get hot after having a shower!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I recently noticed that after having a shower the upstairs radiators get hot - a bit annoying during this weather!!!!
The boiler is a combi made by Alpha - Not sure how old but its definately not new, and the shower is a simple mixer.
The Shower temperature remains constant
I'm pretty sure this has only started happening recently and the only thing I've done recently with the system is flush it out with some Sentinel x400 and put in a descaler and inhibitor.
Any ideas or help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thansk for the quick reply.
Is this normal? I was concerned that I had a problem with the boiler!!

Sponsored Links
Is the boiler a 240 ?

Probably find the diverter valve is sticking perhaps as a result of the muck loosened during the cleaning.

Gasguru said:
Is the boiler a 240 ?

Probably find the diverter valve is sticking perhaps as a result of the muck loosened during the cleaning.

No, it's a 280p but that makes sense. Thanks for the reply. Is it worth flushing the system again?

It should not have caused it to stick!

To solve it you would have to close off the boiler from system and add citric acid or DS40 solution to the boiler ONLY and then run alternately between CH and DHW for about an hour.

Drain and repeat if not cured or just to be sure.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back