Radiators get hot when only water is on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you can help, in the summer my CH is off, but the radiators get hot(warm) when the water comes on. The 3 way port is working fine - the feed to the CH is cold when the HW is hot. The return feed from the HW joins the return from the CH and it is here that the hot water seems to be finding its way to the radiators. The join is a standard 22mm T. The HW return drops back down the boiler and the CH goes off to feed the upstairs rads. Not all of the radiators warm up and they are not hot, more warm - but the supply pipe gets quite hot. Some time ago, I closed down slightly the valves on the nearest upstairs radiator (this is acting as a shunt should all go wrong) But it was disproportionately hot compared to the others. Should I have a restricter inline on the CH return to prevent the water cycling in reverse? Thanks for any thoughts

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back