1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Radiators getting warm during shower or when taps are in use

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by alex889, 17 Apr 2018.

1. alex889

alex889

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys, I'm having a problem when showering/using hot water on taps where the radiators start to get warm after a few minutes. I believe there is a valve on my boiler that controls the flow of water into the system and it seems to be stuck in my opinion. Normally using shower or taps would not make that radiators warm, but recently it started to happen.

I have an Ideal boiler, and I'm wondering what can I do myself to fix it or if this is a bit more complicated job that I won;t be able to sort myself?

Thanks!

2. Depends on the actual boiler model/name. Have a look at which model/name your boiler is as they vary.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. heatservice

heatservice

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Im assuming you have a combi boiler so therefore your problem is likely to be due to the diverter valve letting by, is the water less hot also as that is another symptom when the valve is letting by.

• Like Like x 1
  5. shambolic

shambolic

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Diverter cartridge sticking

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sponsored Links
  7. alex889

alex889

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    it sounds like a divert valve from what I've been reading but it seems a bit of a challenge changing it so I'll get a plumber to check it, thanks!

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local