Radiators hot on Friday... Cold on Saturday

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: I have a Glow Worm 'Ultimate' Balanced Flue Boiler and on Friday it was working fine. The house was nice and hot. On saturday, the timer came on as usual and I noticed that the radiators were not heating up. This is a seperate system from the Hot Water in the taps which works fine.

I have bled the radiators.
I have turned the pilot light off and back on again to check - it is working.
I have found the pump and had a listen and it is making a noise - it looks quite hard to get at.
I have checked the fuses in the plugs and replaced them both just in case.
Any ideas before I get a plumber in - I especially want to tell the plumber what I've tried so it can be sorted out quickly!

Sponsored Links
Do you have a 2 port, or a 3 port control valve? This could be stuck, though more likely is the motor failed or gears stripped - a very common problem and it happens all of a sudden.

It will be (usually) somewhere near the pump, and is a brass compression fitting with a box on top of it with a mains lead coming out of it. If I knew how, I could post a photo to help.

Sponsored Links
I'm following a mains lead that is near the pump but if goes under some floorboards and I can't get to where it goes to.
I guess that a plumber would want fairly easy access to the valve?

I'll try and get some floorboards up.
Thanks.

it looks something like

53314_l.jpg

Well.... I gotta be totally honest and say I can't find anything that looks like that!

:cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back