Radiators Hot When water on (Potterton Powermax Boiler)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please can someone help. I've searched the forum and found other threads matching my symptoms but not with my boiler system. I have a potterton powermax HE system.

What could be causing the rads to come on when the water's on (the CH is switched off) and where can I find the unit to inspect it?

Many thanks

Lee

Sponsored Links
You divertor valve is letting by and needs to replaced,this is common fault of combination boilers

Thanks to you both.

Where is this unit?

Edit: Do these symptoms require the actuator to be replaced too?

Sponsored Links
my mate works for potterton and told me not to touch a powermax as they have flue issues so if you dont know what you are doing dont touch it and i am a qualified GSE

you could always take a BG contract out or do their fix deal, which can be a result depending on what parts need replacing good luck

The British Gas fixed rate repair in our area is £192. That's to fix it whatever the problem.

Would you say that's a reasonable price given my symptoms? In other words, does anyone here know how much this repair would cost?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back