Radiators Hotter Than Usual

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating pump is knackered (horrible knocking rumbling noise when running). Any way - plumber is booked and is coming out later this week to change it.

In the meantime however I have noticed that my radiators seem to be getting much hotter than usual and one in particular (the first in line) is getting a lot of air in it.

Is this all likely to be related to the dodgy pump or do I need to get the plumber to look at this as a seperate issue?

I was under the impression that air in the radiator would make it cooler but it is just as (extra) hot as the rest. I keep bleeding it to get the air out. Now could it be that they are actually running cooler and when I bleed the airy one they heat up so I think they are hotter?

Sponsored Links
Rads gettin hot . If you have not adjusted your boiler stat then there is a good chance its on its way out.

The knocking and rumbling noise are you sure its the pump because a failed boiler stat heats the water up that much it thumps and bangs through the system and up into the header tank

It is definately the pump knocking. You can feel it if you put your hand on it and the sound is definately from the pump.

The hotter than usual feeling I only really noticed yesterday and this morning and I have bled the radiator yesterday so that is what made me think I may just be used to a cooler temp due to air and now have full heat.

Is the boiler stat easy to check?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back