Radiators not getting hot at bottom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New radiators installed 12 months back.

With old radiators still on the system was flushed/cycles a few times.

I have noticed some radiators do not get hot enough at the bottom. Also apart from one radiator in hallway I hardly feel any heat off the other radiators - unless I am very close to them.

I have been told that as my property has had a former extension then there is a possibility that the pipe work installed is causing the issue? Something to do with linking the extension are to existing radiator flow rather than installing a new link? (If that makes sense?)

Sponsored Links
Nope, it doesn't.

Radiators that are cold at the bottom, suggest sludge in them, so was inhibitor put in the system after it was refilled. But if some rads don't get hot at all, then that suggest the rads need balancing as well. What is the temperature of the flow, and are the flow and return pipes to each rad hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back