New radiators - hot at bottom cold at top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi- I've had a new heating system installed (ASHP and some replacement radiators). Two of the radiators nearest the ASHP get hot. However the remaining radiators around the house only get hot at the bottom, say about a tenth of the height of the radiator, then cold above that. I've reduced the lock valves on the radiators nearest the ASHP, hasn't worked. I've tried bleeding the new radiators, and water comes out. Any ideas? (trying to preempt a wait of a few days before someone comes to check it again)

Sponsored Links
If it's a designer radiator keep in mind that they have a mind of their own.
I changed 4 new of them, different brands, one was cold at bottom, one at top, one bottom left the last top and bottom and getting hot only in the middle.
Ended up buying a standard radiator that works perfectly.
However, I have a designer radiator in the extension that I bought for cheap from screwfix 13 years ago.
Very thin and very tall.
I have to keep the trv max on 2 otherwise it gets as hot as the sahara in summer at midday.
I wish i could find the same thing.

Thanks Johny - I subsequently think its a valve issue (new post created). These are bog standard radiators :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back