New radiator cold at bottom hot at top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had some new radiators fitted throughout the house. The system was obviously drained and the water comming out was crystal clear.

When the system was re filled I added some fernox inhibitor. The plumbers spent a day balancing the system but I noticed the front room radiator was hot at the top and warm at the bottom.

All of the radiators have TRVs. I have tried closing all the other locksheild valves on the other radiators to get the frontroom hot. This got it piping hot at the top and hot at the bottom.

I have also tried slowing down and speeding up the pump speed to see if this would do anything but now im out of ideas.

There shouldnt be any sludge as these are new radiators with clear water in.

Thanks in advance for any advise

Sponsored Links
Oh my god not again, 9 months to clear the last one, DP can you go and sort this 1 b4 it gets out of hand mate :LOL:

well thats not very helpful

Ive only just signed up to this forum and thats the response, great

Ollie, I don't think so. OP will need to find me digs, cost of travelling and cost to repair.

I will side step this one.

OP, how was the system balanced? Were the radiators heating before?

If you want to know more look at the following post.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=198642

Sponsored Links
If it took a day to balance a system then I would suggest your system is poorly designed or pipe sizes are wrong or rad valves faulty or there are blockages.Either way this requires on site work for a quick solution.As it took a day to balance then alarm bells should have sounded and your installer should have pointed this out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back