Radiators not heating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping you can help with my radiator woes. I've been fighting with my boiler since I moved into my new property. I've just replaced the diverter motor value which was broken and now I'm getting hot water through my flow out pipe, however the flow in pipe never gets warm :(

I've pulled off the motor and cleaned it and it appears to be running well, I've also tried different configurations on the radiators to see if any of them get warm. The one closet to the boiler does get luke warm at best but that's it. I just can't see how it can warm up the closet radiator while no warm water is flowing back into the system, it's been on for over an hour now.

I'm wondering if the pipework is blocked maybe or one of the valves is locked closed, are there any easy checks I can do?

Sponsored Links
I'm wondering if the pipework is blocked maybe or one of the valves is locked closed, are there any easy checks I can do?
Have you checked these valves are actually fully open ?
vok valves.jpg

My boiler man once suggested it would be a good idea to have the system tested before you buy a house. Why test the wiring and not the heating system?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Old&Bold, I'll give that a shot when I get home. A few people in the other thread have warned that they might start leaking if I touch them but I guess the CH isn't working either way so might as well give it a shot.

A few people in the other thread have warned that they might start leaking if I touch them but I guess the CH isn't working either way so might as well give it a shot.

Good comment but them valves need to be 100% open,they look like they have been :censored:ed about with by mr spanner numpty and his friends.

you need to remove the valves(they need some help to drop out) and have a peek inside (photo helps us) they have to be fully open,ok its not a straight forward job to remove the f&r valves some force will be required but its part of defect elimination process and a very good start point.

iirc there is a circlip behind the valves,these can be poked out and you will need new fiber washers that connect the valves to the bottom of your boiler.

There could be 10 years or more left in your linea but you need a vokera expert to maintain it,not a flue bgs-fga trained poker which is just a safety check.

Your boiler needs to be serviced to the makers instructions.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Anthony Mayfield

Why you post other threads re your vokera linea boiler,better to keep it in one thread.

Unless you are looking for paid advice.nudge wink

Courtesy of mpfs,youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
They were different questions so thought it would be better to split them out, I normally get told off for asking too many questions in the same thread not the other way around :)

I'm not sure about paid advice but I'll certainly be looking for a plumber sometime soon for the Plaistow area to install a new boiler.

-----
Better in one thread. Test your pump.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/losing-pressure-in-ch-when-hot-tap-goes-on.488352/page-2
Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back