Radiators off --- need quick answer please!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have drained my central heating system to remove two radiators in the lvingroom to decorate behind them.

We had to drain the system as we couldn't get the thermostatic sides to shut off completely.

Now that the system is drained and the radiators are off, I would like to take a couple of days to take my time to decorate properly, but restore heating to the other rooms in the meantime.

Can you buy plugs to screw into the pipes coming out of the floor at each side of where the radiator was to block the ends, meaning you can refill the rest of the system and heat the rest of the house in the interim?

If so, where can I find them?

Any (quick) replies would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Mate, you're a star. I knew what I needed, but couldn't think what they'd be called.

"Stop ends" --- that makes perfect sense.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I'd cap the valves off, with 1/2" bsp female caps, with lotsa tape. When you want to remove them heat the trv with ahairdryer and it'll shut.

you can use brass or Iron caps . These are brass: bes item 6604

6604.gif

non trv's are 3/4" bsp if not 1.2".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back