Radio 2 looses listeners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So the beeb lost listeners after kicking Ken Bruce out.

Ami I / Are we surprised???

Have to admit I've followed him to GHR after Gary Davies as temporary replacement finished to be replaced by the permanent replacement of Vernon Kay Who I think is a 'Shouty' presenter and not very impressive or worth listening to.

Do enjoy Scott Mills in the afternoon - but then (almost*) anyone has to be better than Steve Wright! In my book he should have been fired years ago.
I know of a few Hospital radio presenters who are worse but that is about it.

Sponsored Links
The Beeb didn't "kick him out".

Ken went for more money, which was his right.

All the Beeb did was say "don't bother with your full notice period", IIRC.

it seems you have to be gay to get a job on there lately.

Television and theatre isn't exactly famous for being dominated by heterosexuals.

There's always been a lot of gays in TV, only in the past they had to pretend to be straight, now they are more free to express themselves.

The bottom line is, you've always been entertained by them you just didn't know it!

Sponsored Links
The Beeb didn't "kick him out".

Ken went for more money, which was his right.

All the Beeb did was say "don't bother with your full notice period", IIRC.
And then people complain that the BBC pay their presenters too much, and that "anybody can do it".

I used to listen from 9:30 until about 18:00. That was Ken Bruce, Jeremy Vine, Steve Wright, then Sara Cox. Now, I only listen to Jeremy Vine and have Radio Scotland on the rest of the time.
I.M.H.O. Radio Two has been dumbed down no end.

I used to listen from 9:30 until about 18:00. That was Ken Bruce, Jeremy Vine, Steve Wright, then Sara Cox. Now, I only listen to Jeremy Vine and have Radio Scotland on the rest of the time.
You're the Jeremy Vine listener?

He is the only presenter on Radio 2 daytime I can't listen to. Not keen on a few others but can at least leave them on.

I used to listen, but was quite selective.

Sir Terry - irreplaceable.
I binned the breakfast slot after him.
Ken - ditto.
I binned that slot too.
Vine? Vies with Arthanyka (sic?) and Nolan on R5L for the position of most sanctimonious rsehole in radio. IMHO.
Never listened to those slots either.
Wright? Basically the same as he was on Radio 1, thirty years ago.

I listen to a lot of sport, podcasts, and Six Music now (although I don't know why they bother with a schedule on 6; it seems that the stand-ins do more presenting than the "regulars"........ :LOL: )

I dont bother with R2 anymore. Zoe Ball has to be the loudest shouty presenter. Quite like Dermot at the weekend though. Cant stand Winkleman and why she gets paid so much is beyond me. I have switched to local radio but it seems they are starting to mess that about now.

Jeremy Vine listener - are you mad?

he constantly spouts nonsense and then are his somewhat dubious cycling antics

Jeremy Vine listener - are you mad?

he constantly spouts nonsense and then are his somewhat dubious cycling antics
I don't consider myself mad. I don't listen to his show because of him, I listen because I'm interested in the discussions regarding current affairs.

Sponsored Links
Back