Radio/CD player.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to fit a CD player into my wifes car without the manual :rolleyes:. The only wires that I have been able to identify are for the speakers and the power source. The ones from the car (Suzuki Vitara) are all multi coloured and I have no way of tracing them through the wiring loom. The old cassette player was a Blaupunkt, the new a Panasonic. Not one of the connections is compatible. Does anyone out there know if it is possible to put male and female connectors on the wires and try out different combinations without doing some major damage to car or player or both :eek: . Any advice will be greatly appreciated

...Kev...

Sponsored Links
do you know the model number? might be able to find a wiring diagram online, i wouldnt 'guess' what the wires are you could potentially fry the head unit or worse case the wiring!

Do neither head unit nor car have ISO (or similar convertable) connectors? It the car had a non-standard connector, you could have bought a harness adaptor.

It's a Panasonic RDP212N. I can find stuff here but it's in German. I can get by doing the shopping but the technical terms have got me snookered.

Thanks ...Kev...

Sponsored Links
Crafty, I haven't butchered anything yet. The connectors coming from the car I would guess would be a standard fitting as they all dissapear into wiring looms. The Blaupunkt is a very old model and it looks as though the wiring was made to suit. I didn't know I could maybe get mix and match connectors.

...Kev...

pop into halfords,they have a book in the audio section to tell you the compatable harness adapter if its available,sometimes the loom to the existing stereo has another connector further down the harness which the new adapter will plug into

Okay.... I'll have to find the equivalent of Halfords over here.

Thanks ...Kev...

oops! sorry didnt notice where you were,the firm that supplies the adapters is autoleads,have a look on the website

Thanks for the help guys, I think I've found the equivalent of Halfords over here or at least a supplier...

...Kev...

Sponsored Links
Back