Rads in attic conversion

M

marsaday

I will be putting a rad (10,000 BTU) in the bedroom of my attic conversion and a towel rail (1200 btu) in the bathroom. Will this be enough or should i put one in the landing area.

Basically our house is a square box and the front right hand corner is given away to make the stairs, so it is quite a bigish area. Because of this i thought it may be a good idea to heat this space properly.

We already have a rad in the hall and a rad on the half landing.

The reason why i am thinking i should heat the hall area at the new top of the house is so the central heating will not stay on for ages getting up to heat. Eventually the heat will rise and hit the roof (which is now well insulated) but the time it takes will be reduced if i heat this up from the top.

What do others think ?

Do you need any dimensions ?

Sponsored Links
the first thing i would do is get some room calculations
(google - heat loss calculator) theirs lots out their-this will give you your rad sizes
its good to slightly oversize like kev said
then i would make sure your boiler is man enough to cope with extra rads
(you would need to measure all rads and work calculation out)or all rooms
and i guess you have a sealed system and not gravity

Sponsored Links
Boiler is 2 yrs old vaillant and is well big enough -35KW. Based on the extra 2 rads it should just need 18 KW for the heating. So if i add an extra rad then this will easily be handled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back