RAID controller problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter's PC is showing a yellow question mark in device manager next to the RAID controller. I've tried updating the driver but I can't get it to clear. It doesn't seem to be causing any problems but I'd like to be able to clear it up. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
:!: Perhaps a known issue, have you tried the RAID cards manufacturers web site ?

Make and model of RAID card plus which operating system would help please.

Thanks for your reply.
RAID card? There's no cards in it, that I know of. It's a Jetway 939agp-p-ec motherboard and it's XP.

It's onboard raid, so have you used the motherboards driver disk to try and install it, manually or auto-run?
Saying that, some older boards shipped with (and often not) floppy disks with the raid driver on for installation pre-windows. This sucked as a lot of pc's didn't/don't have floppy drives.
That said, usually windows updates or a visit to the board makers website should solve it.

Have you tried deleting it from device manager and rebooting? See if it picks up anything?

Sponsored Links
I no longer have the disc that it came with. (Or I can't find it)
I've been to their website and had a look around but what do I do once I get there?

Try downloading the chipset driver using the Drivers link on the left.

If you have no no drivers at all then download the lot.....may save you a lot of hassle in the future if the product or manufacturer disppears.

Sponsored Links
Back