rail/track saw options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking at an entry level track saw or rail saw (not sure what is the best name) and I was eyeing the Evolution R185CCSX+ as it seems to be a interesting DIY option. The saw cost £90, the 2800mm tracks cost £77, but when I started checking the reviews of the track, it seems to be crap, not accurate. As I'm planning to start doing a lot of DYI and get more into woodwork, I was hoping to get something that is not crap, but also not expensive. Is there something decent around the £150-£250 mark for a saw + track of decent size or should I be aiming at a lot more?

Sponsored Links
have a look at Peter Millard reviews of tracksaws on youtube - reviews some cheap ones
quite a few posts here on cheap tracksaws , i'll see if i can find

my son-in-law has an evoloution table saw and mitre saw, and very pleased with them for DIY - BUT after a lot of reviews he went for the makita track saw - but £400+

some are quite old , but i think the same models still around
i just put tracksaw into the search bar

Last edited:
my son-in-law has an evoloution table saw and mitre saw, and very pleased with them for DIY - BUT after a lot of reviews he went for the makita track saw - but £400+
Yes, that's the price of an entry-level trade-spec machine, I'm afraid. I have the cordless version of same and wouldn't be without a plunging rail saw these days

Sponsored Links
Lidle have a track saw and guide for £77 quid on their shelves. Saw it yesterday. Price could be different not sure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back