Rain dripping on bay window sill

• Thread starter suetpudding
  • Start date
S

suetpudding

As the title really, we've just moved in to a property with a bay window and when it rains the water drips on to the sill and it's very loud and annoying.

There's no roof over the window- I've attached an image, just wondered if anyone had any ideas about how to stop it? View media item 67202

Sponsored Links
It's a lead roof that has not visible signs of an internal drain/pipe so the water has to run somewhere and that is over the edge.

Is there a small pipe running out of the fascia above the window? If so this may be blocked, forcing the water to run over.

The noise is probably more noticeable on the PVCu windows.

Thanks for the replies. Not sure about a pipe but I'll take a look as soon as the rain stops

Sponsored Links
the over hang of the bay roof is not enough...

the top looks in poor condition....I would have it built out so the drips clear the sill.....looking at the brick line it wouldnt need much....

guttering on that bay would look ugly..

you can get really small guttering in 1/2 round, i think its at bnq or wickes so wont be cheap, T into down pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back