Rain seeping through single brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I finished building a single thickness brick wall a couple of weeks ago when it was dry.
One side is exposed to the rain, the other is covered and dry, but rain seems to be getting through from the wet side to the dry side?

Any idea what this could be and how I can stop it please?

Sponsored Links
Well the ad at the top of my page is for storm dry masonry. And if you give it a go you can post back and tell us how good it is

I think it's probably because it was my first ever effort and the outside of the wall is pretty messy as I was intending to render over it. Could mortar mess and crappy pointing be the cause of wet getting through?

Sponsored Links
A single skin 4'' wall will never provide a totally dry interior especially with driving rain against it. If its a 9 inch wall then poor pointing is the most likely culprit.

A for a remedy render and a good few coats of masonary paint would help. Otherwise render the inside with a waterproof product.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back