Rain-sensor autocloser for top-hung Velux window - any suggestions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone suggest a basic rain sensor autocloser that I could retrofit to an existing top-hung Velux window? The only ones I can see on the Velux website are for centre-hung windows.

Ideally, the window would be opened manually, and close automatically if and when it rains - so no need to fanny about with remote controls. Is there a cheapo/DIY solution which simply winds in a chain attached to the window frame when activated by a rain sensor?

The Window is a GHL M08. Approx. size 700x1300mm (w x h). Maximum opening from sill to bottom of open window is approx 650mm. The wider I can open it and have it reclose, the better. It's for a loft bedroom that overheats in summer.

Mains connection, transformer, battery or solar would all be fine, in terms of power supply.

I'm confident DIYer and can handle mechanical/electronics projects, so it doesn't need to be a single off the shelf product.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Velux have only recently launched the motorized top hung version so there is no chance your model will be able to be converted. Why not replace it for the latest model then you can set it to open when it reaches your selected temp?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back