Rain sensor for conservatory roof vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two roof vents on a conservatory that have previously been operated by separate retractive switches. I have now replaced these with an electronic timed thermostat which works really well. They close when the temperature drops and open when it rises, and also stay closed all night. :D

I would now like to incorporate a rain sensor to complete the 'automation'. Does any body have any info that may help :?: The vent motors are fed with 240v from the thermostat and all I need to do is divert the 'open' supply wire to the 'close' supply wire when it rains.

I know that Velux do a sensor for their windows at around £40, but this connects into a control box so I am not sure it would work in my situation?

I could have purchased a kit from the conservatory roof suppliers but the cost was prohibitive, nearly £400 for a basic (not timed) thermostat and sensor :evil: !!

Any advice or help would be most appreciated :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back