Vent Axia PIR Sensor not working

Sponsored Links
I have a Vent Axia PIR sensor and it won't work properly?
http://www.vent-axia.com/files/imagecache/productPageBigPic/VACAS-PIR.jpg

The relay closes in the sensor but only lets out around 12vac on the closed output terminal? Where have my 240 volts gone to power my wall fan??
Can't be volt drop as it not any distance away.
Out of interest where are you taking your measurements from?
If it is broken and its less than 2 years old - and you followed the manufacturers instructions you can get it replaced free of charge.

I thought any movement would trigger the sensor. But 12v output would mean its closed inside. checked tightness of screws and seem fine :-/

Sponsored Links
It is puzzling why, if the sensor has never worked and it has been wired correctly, you haven't taken it back and got it replaced.

Nevertheless two questions (1 repeated):

Have you tried to bypass the sensor?
I'm pretty certain there will be an override switch - normally quickly turning the switch off and on.
How and where did you measure the 12vac?

It is puzzling why, if the sensor has never worked and it has been wired correctly, you haven't taken it back and got it replaced.
My guess is that it hasn't been....

Where have my 240 volts gone to power my wall fan??
That PIR has volt-free contacts - are you supplying 240V to one of them (i.e. to the contacts, not to the PIR electronics) so that when they close the fan gets its supply?

Nevertheless two questions (1 repeated):

Have you tried to bypass the sensor?
I'm pretty certain there will be an override switch - normally quickly turning the switch off and on.
How and where did you measure the 12vac?

I am getting nothing out on NO or NC terminals (4 & 5). Or not enough to power the fan :confused:

This is hard work!

1. How have you tested the device to get 12vac? - talk me through it.

2. Is the PIR linked to a lamp as well as the fan? - if so it should not be a low energy or fluorescent lamp but a tungsten filament lamp.

3. Is the timer set for maximum?

4. What is the model number of your PIR?

This is hard work!

1. How have you tested the device to get 12vac? - talk me through it. ........Neutral to Terminal 4 and 5

2. Is the PIR linked to a lamp as well as the fan? - if so it should not be a low energy or fluorescent lamp but a tungsten filament lamp...........No Lamp

3. Is the timer set for maximum? .........No it isn't

4. What is the model number of your PIR?......VISIONEX 459623A
[/b]

This is hard work!

1. How have you tested the device to get 12vac? - talk me through it. ........Neutral to Terminal 4 and 5

2. Is the PIR linked to a lamp as well as the fan? - if so it should not be a low energy or fluorescent lamp but a tungsten filament lamp...........No Lamp

[/b]

Set the timer to max - check you wiring is as per the instructions - re-energise - check you have 230v coming in to the PIR L & N terminals.
If you still get the same results coming out - its probably broken - take it back.

Just checked the instructions - have you got a link between L and 3?

This is hard work!

[/b]

Set the timer to max - check you wiring is as per the instructions - re-energise - check you have 230v coming in to the PIR L & N terminals.
If you still get the same results coming out - its probably broken - take it back.

Just checked the instructions - have you got a link between L and 3?
No there is no link, I thought that would be internal :-/ ??

What - you mean when you actually bother to read and follow the instructions it works?

You utter t**t.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back