Timer Fan needs LS but I only have L & N

I hate it when 2 way light switches are both in the 'on' position but in actual fact off, I have to switch them both
That means ('correctly') the light will be off when both switches are off.

You can't have it both ways. :)

Sponsored Links
have the opposite view of 'which way around' a toggle switch should work!
rocker ? :)
Sorry, yes - I'll edit.
Yes, perhaps but that doesn't make them right.
Sure, I accept that - but it does indicate that the intended way is not universally 'apparent and obvious'. It seems that at least some people feel that 'pressing at the top' is a logical way to turn a switch on.
A rocker is just a toggle without a toggle. :)
Yes, that's one way of looking at it - but, again, not necessarily 'obvious' unless one thinks about it.

Kind Regards, John

I hate it when 2 way light switches are both in the 'on' position but in actual fact off, I have to switch them both

Ha ha, I know what you mean.

That's why I went with multi gang dimmers for all my lights. Where 2-way was needed I swapped the dimmer module with an on/off only module, but it still looks like a dimmer. Plus it sure beats having one dimmer plate next to a normal rocker plate where things aren't dimmable (my under unit kitchen lights are GX53 which aren't dimmable).

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_I...s_All/Wiring_Accessories~Dimmers_2/index.html

Sponsored Links
It seems that at least some people feel that 'pressing at the top' is a logical way to turn a switch on.
And some people feel the following:

• The world is flat.
  • There really are aliens abducting people and probing them.
  • It was the US govt who blew up the WTC in New York.
  • The Columbine and later school shootings never actually happened but were stories invented and spread by the US govt and the media conspiring together to justify disarming the people.
  • That a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
All 6 of these beliefs have something in common.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back