rainwater leak in garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i've got a new extension above my garage,it is set back from the front of the garage so i've got steel across the front and 2 course of block on top of the steel a small lean to roof with the lead tucked into the top of the 2 course of blockwork then its brickwork up to the main roof. There is a 1800mm wide window in the centre of the brickwork with a cavity tray below it.The problem i'm having is there has been 3 days of wind driven rain against the front of the house and the new brickwork has been soaking. I discovered water leaking down the rsj's and onto the garage floor and the course of blockwork on top of the steel was damp but only the width of where the cavity tray is. I just can't fathom out where it is coming from,i have noticed i couple of hairline cracks in the mortar joints in the soldier course below the window.Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Check the sealant around the window and cill too as it may have shrunk or be lacking. Also check the weep holes which serve the cavity tray as if it is blocked it will not function hence the water going internally.

Got a feeling that when the roofer ground out the joint for the lead i think he's destroyed the damp.Think the only option is to seal the outside brickwork with a sealer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back