Raised bed against a patio wall. Should I leave a gap ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Sorry to confuse. I will be errecting a raised bed from sleepers up against a wall of the house which is part of the patio. Only the face will be sleepers because of limited patio space. The back of the bed will rest against the wall. Thinking about it now I will line the back face with something ? in order to not have soil touching the wall itself. My question was should I leave a gap for the wall to breath or is it ok to butt up against the brickwork ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am planning to build a raised bed using sleepers 2.5 long and 3ft high against our patio wall which is cornered to the house. Should I leave a gap to the wall ?

If not necassary then should I line the wall before so the soil is not not touching the brickwork ? What can I use to line the wall and allow it to breath if required ?

Thanks

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
hi, sorry i am having trouble understanding exactly what 'patio wall cornered to the house' means?

Could you take a picture or do a basic sketch? of the existing walls and proposed new ones?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back