Raised beds advice for a double incline

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm currently trying to do something with the pictured border, the concrete on areas is starting to show through and crumble as the foundation is sloped down towards the grass. I wanted to do some raised planters, but I'm limited to what i can attach it to.

So i guess i'm asking if anyone has any advice for anything like this?
IMG_20210327_101713.jpg

Would it be enough for me to dig down 6 inches or so next to the grass and start the sleepers there, building them up until they're level with the drive, with a beam crossing to the drive border? i'd then screw an opposing sleeper into the drive border stones, but I worry it's not supported enough.

Here's an embarrassing image of how i'd affix the sleepers drive side (the dots being where i'd screw them in. So the grass side sleepers would be a mirror image gradient wise. The issue i think would be that the planters would only really be a right angle of wood as everything below the soil line next to the border stones is concrete.
IMG_20210327_101713-1.jpg

I appreciate any advice for something like this! I imagine it's tricky to do?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Don't screw anything to the border stones. Look at palisade posts - they sit upright and close to each other, so can follow the slope of the drive

Don't screw anything to the border stones. Look at palisade posts - they sit upright and close to each other, so can follow the slope of the drive
Thanks for your reply! I assume I would hammer a row of them flush along the grass line? Would they be ok with the weight of soil id use to fill out? How would I "cap" the ends?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back