Driveway: Level and Gradient and Sleepers Advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone would be able to give me some advice.

So I'm redoing my driveway, with the aim to gravel it with some gravel stabilised grids.

I'm halfway through compacting the Mot type 1 primary sub base.

The drive way is on a a slightly gradient and runs away from the house the issue I'm having is:

Trying to figure out how to get it completely flat yet keeping the gradient correct in order for the gravel grids to sit completely flat, I've been using string and bricks to keep my line.

I'm using sleepers as edging, (please see pics)

So the sleepers which are at the front of the drive need to be at a slight angle tipping back (same gradient as driveway) to stop the gravel from spilling over.
Would it be best to achieve this by putting the sleepers on a bed of cement? (if so what's the best pre mixed cement) To achieve the correct gradient and high strength, As the car will be going over it all the time and don't want to the sleepers to move.

The sleepers on the side create the threshold for the grass (the gradient is correct and it’s what I've been going by for level and gradient) it’a just sitting on the sub base, would it be worth me pegging these in on the grass side or just cement it in with a thin base of cement.?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve

9D21E320-39C8-47A5-B4F6-FF8B570B637C.jpeg
538D85F4-5E65-45C9-A805-B9EF1186A27D.jpeg
734229DA-B452-467B-8999-F2E8DAE71768.jpeg
CB3F1590-E5DD-4BF7-983A-4827BE6A2594.jpeg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back