Raised Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a little area (about 10' x 7') off my kitchen that I plan to use as a dining area. The rest of the kitxhen has been floored, this area is bare floor boards. I'd like to raise the floor in the area (about 8 or 9 inches) does anyone have any advice or know of any good sites with info.

Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
All you do is make a frame box section say 7"x2" round the outside fix to the walls,then the rest of 7"x2" joist in between at approx 400mm centre and could fix L-shape bracket or screw down the side of the joist in the middle to the ex-flooring to stop it springing or you could fix 6"x2" joist with joist hangers so it doesn't touch the floor underneath and depending what floor finish you need,Marine ply for floor tiles,T & G for floor paint straining or chipboard for laminated flooring etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back