raised patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all,

We are hoping to replace our patio paving Slabs but at the same time would love to do something with this drop down. Ideally we would like the patio to be at this level the whole way across (so get rid of the step down) but we have the issue of the side gate needing to open inwards. Obviously we could just raise the side the to sit above the patio but this would mean it is quite high up in comparison to the level of the house, especially on the other side of the gate where the step down would be.
As we are hoping to reduce the patio by 1 row (from 5 Slabs depth to 4) I can not see it working just building a cut out section for the gate to open so wondered if anyone had any other ideas?
If we were to raise the patio we would
Obviously Raise the height of the drain cover.

Any help / advice / ideas most welcome!

Many thanks.

Attachments

• 7DA706DC-A2C0-4040-9F34-F2020EB6E898.jpeg
    7DA706DC-A2C0-4040-9F34-F2020EB6E898.jpeg
    603.5 KB · Views: 163
Sponsored Links
I can see from the drain gully that your raised patio is too high. This is a common error.

Where is the DPC in your wall?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have highlighted the DPC... two bricks height above the raised patio.

many thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back