raised sand and slab base query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to create a shed base for 8 x 6 ft shiplap shed using dry sand/cement and paving slab method. All guides I've seen on the internet recommend digging a trench for the base.

The area where I intend to work on is quite uneven. I've evened it out fairly well but it has meant redeploying a lot of top soil all around the garden. So, rather than digging out a trench, can I put a frame around the area using 2x2 timbers and stakes, level it off, fill up with dry sand/cement and put slabs on top ? Will the sand start to come out around the exposed edges.

I've gone off using bearer method; too many problems with rodents hiding underneath my first shed. Concreting sounds like a lot of work for a simple timber shed.

Thanks

R

Sponsored Links
I put concrete blocks down then bearers, then I put wire netting around the shed buried into the ground

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back