Raising a floor level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have removed our kitchen and we will be using this room as a living room / dinning area. The room was tiled after the kitchen was fitted and now the area where the units were is 10mm or so lower than the tiled area.

I am planning on leaving the tiles in place and raise the lower section up to the tiled level. What would be best to use? Self levelling compound or a sand cement mix will do? If sand cement mix be better, what ratio of sand to cement should be used?

Sponsored Links
I dont say this to be funny-- but how about tiles
It depends on how big the area is and perhaps what you are going to put all over on top. But I think just go with whatever is the cheepest

I dont say this to be funny-- but how about tiles
It depends on how big the area is and perhaps what you are going to put all over on top. But I think just go with whatever is the cheepest

Yeah I have thought about tiles. But I only have 9 or so spare. Would need another 20 or so. I am trying to do it as cheap as possible, while making least amount of work.

I suppose so scrap tiles from somewhere might be feasible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back