Raising a uPVC door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've been reading a lot of forums/guides on how to raise a "drooped" front uPVC door but my door doesn't seem to have the adjustments.
Basic problem is to lock the door you need to pull upwards really hard on the handle to engage the multi point locking system so the key turns.
I know its dropped a bit because a. you can see it, b. if you put a wedge under the door to raise it a fraction the door locks fine.

I have tried adjusting the screws on the inside of the door but it doesn't seem to have helped - think these only move the door away or towards the frame? I need the raise the hinges I believe.

I have attached pictures here that show all the different parts of the hinges. Most guides seem to suggest there should be an adjustment in the top/bottom of the hinge, but mine only has a rounded bolt through it.

Can anyone help?
2021-01-15 12.21.32.jpg
2021-01-15 12.17.15.jpg
2021-01-15 12.16.41.jpg
2021-01-15 12.16.24.jpg
2021-01-15 12.16.01.jpg

Sponsored Links
Ours had Allen key caps that could be screwed up to lift the door slightly which I had to do when I fitted a new floor and it was just scraping. We also have a little plastic ramp at the bottom that lifts/supports the door when closed. Perhaps that needs looking at? Can the striker plate be adjusted down?
Excuse the dirt!

603F1EAD-F870-4426-9C57-75760C4C5218.jpeg

Last edited:
Thats a great idea Mottie - we don't have a ramp/riser on the bottom of the door frame, but that may just do the trick if I can buy something just to prop the door up a smidge on the end.
I'll see what I can find on the internet.

Thanks!

Sorry one last thing - do you have any idea what those little ramps are called? Struggling to find them.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, it wasn’t fitted as an afterthought, it came with the door and frame assembly. You could probably make your own out of a block of plastic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back